Monday 13 August 2012

Park Runs

Started getting back into running last November mainly to get my back and ankle a lot stronger. Nothing too big mainly 5k to 7k off road if I can.
Then came across  Park Runs which is a free time 5k run on a Saturday. Now done about 7 in all and in the last two weeks Helen has joined me. Her first run was 8th July in the Isle of Man. She have never ran before and by the end of the week we did the prom at Douglas which is about 5 to 6km  in 55 mins.

Fast forward 4 weeks she just done her second park run in 32mins and caught the running bug. New running shoes. I now need to watch out for her.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/http://www.parkrun.org.uk/

2 comments:

  1. I discovered Parkruns last year thanks to my daughter wanting to get fit after having a baby. I did the Oldham run a few times - quite hilly - but now go to Wythenshawe Park. It makes for a great, and sociable, start to the weekend. See you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Enjoyed catching up with all your other entries

    ReplyDelete