Sunday 24 June 2012

DofE Expedition Assessor

Last weekend  saw me doing my supported assessment for the DofE. Alan Conway was my assessor for the weekend in the Yorkshire Dales. Alan set me off with a gold group on thier practice. They were doing this though his company ACActive. Alan set this up early this year  running DofE expeditions and  outdoor walking.

The weekend did not have the best weather for us and the poor young people had the same weather on a training weekend few weekes early.  I spent the time checking on the group a diferent points and watching them from a distance. We did have time to do some sort trail runs while checking on them. PLus bagging a couple of cafes for a bacon butty.

By the end of the weekend Alan was happy with my asseeement and filled in the forms for may pass. This now let me be a DofE Accredited Assessor upto gold level. I can now do this for the local open award centre that I have been a volunteer for the last few years. Plus I can now help Alan out at ACActive.

Overall I had a great brunch of youg people on the weekend who was great to work with. Hoping they get better weather for their final.

No comments:

Post a Comment